Welcome to Backyard Astronomy Space - please register to gain access to all of our features. Click here for more details. ×
SmallWorldsForum Microscopy and macro photography - a companion forum to BYA ×

Hi Newbie here

Ukjonathan

Hi,

My name is Jonathan and I’ve always loved astronomy but never had time to go into it until now through work. I’m now semi retired

and find myself at a lose end so I thought it’s now or never excuse the pun. I’m a full time wheelchair user which I detest. I’m hoping to educate myself by other a great deal more proficient in the astronomy world. Please bare with me if I ask silly questions Thanks in advance

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ukjonathan said:

Hi,

My name is Jonathan and I’ve always loved astronomy but never had time to go into it until now through work. I’m now semi retired

and find myself at a lose end so I thought it’s now or never excuse the pun. I’m a full time wheelchair user which I detest. I’m hoping to educate myself by other a great deal more proficient in the astronomy world. Please bare with me if I ask silly questions Thanks in advance

Welcome Jonathan, and there is no such thing as a silly question.

Hi Jonathan

i was new to both astronomy and this forum only a few months ago. I have found this forum both friendly and extremely helpful. I am sure that you’re questions will not be as silly as some of mine were and probably still are😃 but rest assured you will only find sound advice on this forum for any question you may have.

Hi, its JOYDIKOSTA, 

In childhood, nothing is known, as soon as growing up, the goal is raised a lot, but something is accomplished, and some are left for later. Now after getting a little stable, I felt like fulfilling my dream.

I just know the word astronomy, its definition too, nothing else, just want to spend time searching for something in the sky.

What is out of the earth, now let's know by ourselves, have read and seen a lot in books and pictures.

Just want to know the sky with a little less cost.

43 minutes ago, JOYDIKOSTA said:

Hi, its JOYDIKOSTA, 

In childhood, nothing is known, as soon as growing up, the goal is raised a lot, but something is accomplished, and some are left for later. Now after getting a little stable, I felt like fulfilling my dream.

I just know the word astronomy, its definition too, nothing else, just want to spend time searching for something in the sky.

What is out of the earth, now let's know by ourselves, have read and seen a lot in books and pictures.

Just want to know the sky with a little less cost.

You are interested in observing the night sky visually?