Welcome to Backyard Astronomy Space - please register to gain access to all of our features. Click here for more details. ×
SmallWorldsForum Microscopy and macro photography - a companion forum to BYA ×

Pulsar 2.7m build.

Stardust

As some of you know I did a rebuild of my 2.7m this summer and thought those that didn't see this I'd post here on the new forum.

IMG_20200730_142443.thumb.jpg.5cc4a267d927cf79b9e0d73be6e9ef92.thumb.jpg.7bdcf54b22c347b87d2042e3c3887e8c.jpgIMG_20200911_145532.thumb.jpg.973b4edf930d3a973d0c2ae1e25197e6.thumb.jpg.e89cda9af44baf920c68e80addc6c157.jpgIMG_20200823_130250.thumb.jpg.72728b985b5dc82af739c46f72d69e0a.thumb.jpg.f0f77b856884a9cc2d38d5ddabebd4a2.jpgIMG_20200826_113703.thumb.jpg.207c0f217a318aa523d0564ac5d12320.thumb.jpg.16c309862bfe9cd565e01b5d5443204c.jpg

• Like 3

You have done a really love job on that Nigella and the larger dome will prove so much more useful 

• Like 1

Yes remember that going up and the rescue job you did after it was damaged at your previous home.

Excellent job.

You and Gina are VERY capable DIY ladies, I have to get in my handyman in for those sort of projects.    

Carole 

• Like 2

Thanks all, it's really great to use it now and no leaks, lol. Although it's a pain having to move it manually after an hour's imaging. Definitely a motor to be added next summer for dome rotation. A couple of sessions ago I trapped my knuckles between the dome and wheel's. Knuckle was swollen for a few weeks. Won't rotate it like that again. 

Posted by: @Stardust

A couple of sessions ago I trapped my knuckles between the dome and wheel's. Knuckle was swollen for a few weeks. Won't rotate it like that again. 

Ouch, I sometimes worry about doing something similar.  

Carole 

Posted by: @Stardust

Thanks all, it's really great to use it now and no leaks, lol. Although it's a pain having to move it manually after an hour's imaging. Definitely a motor to be added next summer for dome rotation. A couple of sessions ago I trapped my knuckles between the dome and wheel's. Knuckle was swollen for a few weeks. Won't rotate it like that again. 

Another ouch!!!  Please be careful Nigella.  I shall look forward to see your efforts adding a motor next summer.  Clever girl!!

• Like 1

@Stardust The way you have repaired, re-sited, renovated and re-built the dome Nigella, is a real credit to you.

I'm sure you will sort the rotation out, there is enough people building custom designed, but wouldn't recommend the system that my old dome had.

The shutter automation is a luxury as I am teaming that up with my AAG cloudwatcher, but apart from that a pulley would have done fine.

• Like 1