Welcome to Backyard Astronomy Space - please register to gain access to all of our features. Click here for more details. ×
SmallWorldsForum Microscopy and macro photography - a companion forum to BYA ×

NGC 6960: The Witch's Broom Nebula

gabs

I have spent two nights taking pictures on this target as I found it very interesting in terms of shape and colours .

That is the result of 50 exposures of 360 sec each processed in Siril, Starnet and GIMP + calibration frames.

I could add more data however the weather seems to be rubbish for the newt days so I did the best with what I have got.

I hope you like it , as usual I look forward to hear your comments! 

cygnus loop 05.11.2021.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, gabs said:

I have spent two nights taking pictures on this target as I found it very interesting in terms of shape and colours .

That is the result of 50 exposures of 360 sec each processed in Siril, Starnet and GIMP + calibration frames.

I could add more data however the weather seems to be rubbish for the newt days so I did the best with what I have got.

I hope you like it , as usual I look forward to hear your comments! 

cygnus loop 05.11.2021.jpg

Looks very nice gabs. You certainly improved in the few months you have been imaging.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, AstronomyUkraine said:

Looks very nice gabs. You certainly improved in the few months you have been imaging.

Thank you and thanks to the red wine I am drinking! 😂 

• Like 1

On 11/5/2021 at 10:37 PM, AstronomyUkraine said:

Great image you should have that up on your wall brilliant

You're doing to well now Gabs, well done.  There is even more nebulosity to be pulled out of that image, I will E mail it to you.

Carole 

3 hours ago, Mirrorgirl said:

Great image you should have that up on your wall brilliant

2 hours ago, Carastro said:

You're doing to well now Gabs, well done.  There is even more nebulosity to be pulled out of that image, I will E mail it to you.

Carole 

thanks you both,

for some weird reason the original file on GIMP has more details . 

I believe something went wrong when I exported the file and converted to tiff to be posted on the website. 

The original file was too big.

Thanks for you kind comments!

• Like 1