Welcome to Backyard Astronomy Space - please register to gain access to all of our features. Click here for more details. ×
SmallWorldsForum Microscopy and macro photography - a companion forum to BYA ×

Hello from Devon

andyelliott

Hi everyone. My name is Andy and I live in South Devon in the UK. I have been interested in Astronomy since a child, in fact I had the date of the total eclipse here in the UK in my calendar for many years before the actual event way back in 1999! I had a small Tasco telescope as a child, but bought my first serious scope over 30 years ago; my trusty Meade LX10, which still works well today. I have always been interested in astrophotography and finally took the plunge a couple of years ago; its been a steep learning curve but its certainly worth the time effort (and expense) when things finally come together. Anyway, looking forward to spending time here, thanks.

21 minutes ago, andyelliott said:

Hi everyone. My name is Andy and I live in South Devon in the UK. I have been interested in Astronomy since a child, in fact I had the date of the total eclipse here in the UK in my calendar for many years before the actual event way back in 1999! I had a small Tasco telescope as a child, but bought my first serious scope over 30 years ago; my trusty Meade LX10, which still works well today. I have always been interested in astrophotography and finally took the plunge a couple of years ago; its been a steep learning curve but its certainly worth the time effort (and expense) when things finally come together. Anyway, looking forward to spending time here, thanks.

Welcome to the forum Andy.