Welcome to Backyard Astronomy Space - please register to gain access to all of our features. Click here for more details. ×
SmallWorldsForum Microscopy and macro photography - a companion forum to BYA ×

Altair Hypercam 26M (MONO)

Dmack1

Does anyone have hands on experience with the Altair 26M camera. (Please note I'm only interested to hear about the Altair version, not the ZWO, Rising Cam or others and only the Mono - not the colour version)

Thanks for any feedback you can provide.

David

yup, I'm using it as much as I can ad I love IT!! I've got it mounted to the altair 125 EDF.

I have more images on my instagram: 

https://www.instagram.com/3staraligned/

I'll gladly answer any questions I can answer. Ive been using it for a few months now. I had the 26C before which waas also excellent, I just love mono imaging more. 

Screenshot 2021-12-22 at 16.22.26.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What in particular do you want to know?

My rosette nebula, which won April’s Image of the Month competition, was taken on my 26M.  It’s a great camera, I’ve recommended it to many and none have been disappointed.

• Like 1

I’ve recently started to use mine, but so far it’s just been shooting luminance and Ha layers to augment OSC shots taken with the sister 26C. Then the UK weather went funny. I’ve been very pleased with the C but was startled by the extra detail dug out by the M.

Edited by William Shaw
  • Thanks 1

Absolutely fabulous camera.  I've both the 26C & 26M on a dual Altair 70mm triplet rig so I can capture both NB & RGB simultaneously.

The 26M raws give so much detail its ridiculous

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for all the great input folks, I really appreciate you taking the time. I may comeback with some specifics but for the moment, thanks!

• Like 2