Welcome to Backyard Astronomy Space - please register to gain access to all of our features. Click here for more details. ×
SmallWorldsForum Microscopy and macro photography - a companion forum to BYA ×

Another Harmonic Mount on the way

TerryMcK

Can't wait for some real world user reviews on these mounts ... I've sold a load of my gear to fund one as my back can't handle the heq5 and C8 any more !

Leaning towards the Ioptron HEM27 but really need to see some reviews.

Edited by GazAstro

The Nyx looks to be a Gem45 competitor (20kg class) while the HEM27 is more like a Gem28. In the latter case another £600 or so to gain 0.8kg. Real world performance will be the decider for me. But interesting developments across the board. 

• 1 month later...

these do fascinate me, it's really hard to get my head round no counterweight

First light optics have had 7 of the HEM 27 with Ipolar in stock for a while now ... no sales yet ...

I suspect It's because nobody want's or needs the Ipolar but Ioptron are trying to force sell them by releasing the kit first 😞