Welcome to Backyard Astronomy Space - please register to gain access to all of our features. Click here for more details. ×
SmallWorldsForum Microscopy and macro photography - a companion forum to BYA ×

Is "DURABRAND" telescope maker? Please help

gauraog

Hello Friends,

I'm new here. Im buying my first telescope from olx. Maker is Durabrand. I never heard of. Also there are no parameters mentioned on Tube about focal length or aparture.

I am buying this due to cheap cost. Is it worth to buy?

Thank you.

Capture3.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture.PNG

2 hours ago, gauraog said:

Hello Friends,

I'm new here. Im buying my first telescope from olx. Maker is Durabrand. I never heard of. Also there are no parameters mentioned on Tube about focal length or aparture.

I am buying this due to cheap cost. Is it worth to buy?

Thank you.

Capture3.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture.PNG

76.thumb.jpeg.8652c2c5c31809dcb0a5461cf28bf3a7.jpeg

It's difficult to say who the OEM is. A safe guess may be either Synta or GSO. I've seen these under a few different liveries and brand names. I should imagine it can be a perfectly good small Newtonian reflector when used with a decent eyepiece.  

Starscope767

It's basically a three inch, f/9 Newtonian. The optical tube assembly is probably fine. The tripod and altitude-azimuth mount look functional and should hold the OTA steady. Any bundled accessories might be below par though. It might be worth shelling out for a couple of decent Plossls and perhaps a Barlow. It appears to have a relatively slow focal ratio of f/9.2 (700/76). This should be fine for lunar and planetary viewing although you won't get such a wide field of view for rich field.  This isn't really a problem however. A 25mm Plossl should perform well as a low power sweep eyepiece and should give around three arc degrees of field (about six Full Moons). At the other end of the scale a scope like this can reach a respectable 152x magnification. A 10mm Plossl will give you 70x on its own and 140x when placed in a 2x Barlow lens. Have fun.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Nightspore said:

76.thumb.jpeg.8652c2c5c31809dcb0a5461cf28bf3a7.jpeg

It's difficult to say who the OEM is. A safe guess may be either Synta or GSO. I've seen these under a few different liveries and brand names. I should imagine it can be a perfectly good small Newtonian reflector when used with a decent eyepiece.  

Starscope767

It's basically a three inch, f/9 Newtonian. The optical tube assembly is probably fine. The tripod and altitude-azimuth mount look functional and should hold the OTA steady. Any bundled accessories might be below par though. It might be worth shelling out for a couple of decent Plossls and perhaps a Barlow. It appears to have a relatively slow focal ratio of f/9.2 (700/76). This should be fine for lunar and planetary viewing although you won't get such a wide field of view for rich field.  This isn't really a problem however. A 25mm Plossl should perform well as a low power sweep eyepiece and should give around three arc degrees of field (about six Full Moons). At the other end of the scale a scope like this can reach a respectable 152x magnification. A 10mm Plossl will give you 70x on its own and 140x when placed in a 2x Barlow lens. Have fun.

Thank you for your reply. I get it now. 🙂

7 minutes ago, gauraog said:

How about this one? 

Sky-Watcher BK 1149 EQ1 114/900

Telescope optics: Newton
Mount type: Parallactic
Aperture: 114 mm
Focal length: 900 mm Luminous range
: 7.9

1.25 "glasses. - Super 25, Super 10
Barlow lens 1.25"
Finder 6 × 24
T2 connector

Can I see nebulas , galaxies and plantes clearly?

OR

Sky-Watcher Dobson 6 "telescope is better?

Edited by gauraog

2 minutes ago, gauraog said:

You're welcome. There's not much astronomical night at this time of year, but there are low early morning planets.

morning.thumb.jpeg.c814b0d4f7e87bfb4a25f3eafcb1c146.jpeg

8 minutes ago, gauraog said:

How about this one? 

Sky-Watcher BK 1149 EQ1 114/900

Telescope optics: Newton
Mount type: Parallactic
Aperture: 114 mm
Focal length: 900 mm Luminous range
: 7.9

1.25 "glasses. - Super 25, Super 10
Barlow lens 1.25"
Finder 6 × 24
T2 connector

Can I see nebulas , galaxies and plantes clearly?

I am not sure about this one, looks like a Bird-Jones type. It should resolve bright nebulae, some galaxies and planets relatively well.

bUxsxRGl.jpg

It might be worth paying a bit more for the 130 (above). 

• Like 1