Welcome to Backyard Astronomy Space - please register to gain access to all of our features. Click here for more details. ×
SmallWorldsForum Microscopy and macro photography - a companion forum to BYA ×

New Gear Arriving (269c) - Best Software Suggestions

Gazmossuk

Hi. First post for me 😀

I’m taking delivery (hopefully) of an Altair 269c tomorrow. I’ve been using a 72 EDF with a DLSR previously using NINA. 

Are there any suggestions for better software or does NINA work fine with the setup. Also using a GPCam 2 as a guider with an EQ5 for mount. Any suggestions much appreciated. 

Mind you it will be cloudy for the next 6 months knowing my luck 😂

Cheers

Gaz

Hi Gaz welcome to the forum. Congrats on your purchase. Nina will be fine for your new gear.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Gaz,

I'm using a fairly new 269c with NINA.  There may be a couple of gotchas apparently to do with the Altair sdks. Happy to help if you struggle.