Jump to content

beginner question

Recommended Posts

If you buy a Dobsonian telescope it is actually has a reflector telescope (also known as a Newtonian Reflector after the inventor Sir Isaac Newton) in the mount.

The mount is the lower part in this picture.


Dobsonian fitted with reflector telescope in the picture above.




Reflecting telescope Optical Tube Assembly (OTA) only in picture  above.


The Dobsonian telescope was invented by a man called John Dobson. For more details have a look here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dobsonian_telescope

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...