My Grab & Go

Scopeman

A shout out to Nightspore for all the info on this Vixen AP2 mount and Vixen TL130 tripod. All very sturdy, tripod came today and pleased with its weight and it seems very solid. Now I can't wait to try it out. It comes to something when this tripod, came from Germany, arrived in just a few days and yet thanks to our postal strikes I have been waiting 6 days now for some slow motion controls to come from Harrisons up in Scotland! Not Harrisons fault I hasten to add but it just shows how ridiculous everything has become in this country and there is still no end in sight!

20221017_122425.jpg

20221017_123750.jpg

20221017_124306.jpg

Edited by Scopeman
  • Like 1

No, no case, but I already have a Geoptik tripod case which is 3' 5" long, so once I collapse the legs right down I 'should' be able to get it all in these without seperating it all up, the pier won't though as there is only 8.5" left. So I'll probably leave the pier on the tripod and put the ount in my astro cupboard.

20221017_164854.jpg

20221017_164840.jpg

20221017_165732.jpg

Edited by Scopeman

10 hours ago, Scopeman said:

Lol, what procedure do you use when you bring a scope inside from the cold to avoid condensation on the optics? Put them in the cases outside and let them warm up slowly inside their cases overnight?

I just leave them in an unheated room indoors, letting them dry naturally.