Welcome to Backyard Astronomy Space - please register to gain access to all of our features. Click here for more details. ×
SmallWorldsForum Microscopy and macro photography - a companion forum to BYA ×

First Digital AP Rig

RPK_Astro

Until recently, the last time I did any AP it was with a Nikon FG20 film camera on a Heath-Robinson clock drive using an old street light timer c.1984 probably using Kodak Ektachrome 400....

As retirement approaches I am trying to get back to astronomy and AP.

My first rig is an SW Esprit 100 APO with flattener, SW HEQ5 PRO. I have also bought an iOptron SkyGuider Pro for use with camera and lens.

I have three cameras: Nikon Z6 which is a mirrorless full frame camera which is ISO invariant, a Nikon D7500 APS-C DSLR, a modified Canon 700D APS-C DSLR.

The main problem I have is weather... I've had one clear night in the last 6 weeks.

27870819-B5B9-45B6-8908-07A443DBE963_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.2c077a9cc5b2b5573bc6d305ed0e54ed.jpeg

• Like 2