Welcome to Backyard Astronomy Space - please register to gain access to all of our features. Click here for more details. ×
SmallWorldsForum Microscopy and macro photography - a companion forum to BYA ×

I have an addiction ?

AstroStace

B163D0EC-BB9D-478E-B5EE-A526EFAB1F91.thumb.jpeg.6471efd6f7ee5a7f1f456372402279f7.jpeg

here’s the rig I’m currently using at the moment :)

Altair Ascent 102ed 

altair 60mm guidescope

gpcam 290c 

Altair hypercam 26C ProTec 

Altair filter drawer

Pegasus pocket powerbox

skywatcher eq6-r pro 

mini-x mini pc

I have a 72edf scope too, but at the moment the 102 is fast becoming my favourite ? 

hope we get some more clear skies soon! 

• Like 8

Unfortunately, this addiction has no known cure. Symptoms include an overwhelming urge to buy every new toy on the market, and a wish list far greater than your bank balance. ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Posted by: @AstroStace
B163D0EC-BB9D-478E-B5EE-A526EFAB1F91.thumb.jpeg.98c7d9b8eb567e1b0a8f1a6908739615.jpeg

here’s the rig I’m currently using at the moment :)

Altair Ascent 102ed 

altair 60mm guidescope

gpcam 290c 

Altair hypercam 26C ProTec 

Altair filter drawer

Pegasus pocket powerbox

skywatcher eq6-r pro 

mini-x mini pc

I have a 72edf scope too, but at the moment the 102 is fast becoming my favourite ? 

hope we get some more clear skies soon! 

Looks like a nicely balanced setup , like it.

Roger

Ah... pity me, I'm also an amateur musician and prone to GAS (gear acquisition syndrome). Seems to apply to astronomy as well. 

Looks like a nice set-up. Since my Esprit 100mm arrived at the start of September I've had one decent clear night and that was 6 weeks ago... I feel your pain. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Posted by: @Incisive_Solutions

@RPK_Astro I like that you're prone to GAS :D   Me too - and I really need to find a moment to put my gear on here too.

You and Ron mind find some Rennie's help with the GAS or alternatively I hear Gaviscon works well, hasn't helped my bank balance thou! ? ? ? ? 

I find that the 'Have-Need Analysis' technique works very well. Look through your favourite astro retailer's website and classify everything as either 'Have' or 'Need'.

• Haha 1