Welcome to Backyard Astronomy Space - please register to gain access to all of our features. Click here for more details. ×
SmallWorldsForum Microscopy and macro photography - a companion forum to BYA ×

Looking for a jewel.

charlesowoodmd

Years ago I was into backyard astronomy and now want to recapture that thrill. I had a friend with a delightful tabletop scope that as I remember was expensive and collectible. It came in a nice case and on its blue barrel had the constellations. For the life of me I can’t remember its name. Please help.

Hello Charles and welcome to the forum. A little more information would be useful as there are literally thousands if not tens of thousands of different models of telescopes that have been produced over the years.

• 5 weeks later...

From your description, the sounds like the Questar 3.5".

Yes... they are very collectable, expensive, [a few £'000 GBP, even secondhand] and very desirable.