Welcome to Backyard Astronomy Space - please register to gain access to all of our features. Click here for more details. ×
SmallWorldsForum Microscopy and macro photography - a companion forum to BYA ×

Charlie

charlie

Hi, I am trying to build a refractor telescope with an upright image. I have used a biconvex 50mm diameter lens with 1000mm focal point for the objective lens, and a biconcave 50mm diameter lens with 50mm focal point for the eye piece. I think it should be about 20x magnification. It's about 1 meter to focus. The problem I am having is that it is like looking through a pin hole or down an extremely long tunnel. 90 percent of what I see is the inside of the scope. It magnifies really well at the image circle tho. How would I make the image circle bigger? Not zoomed in any more than it is, but rather get rid of seeing the inside of the scope and getting closer to the image circle.

Any help would be much appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @charlie and welcome to BYA.org 

I have to ask... what is it going to be used for observing/viewing? and what is going to be mounted on?