AstronomyUkraine Posted January 22, 2021 Share Posted January 22, 2021 On Wednesday my flattener for the 120 finally arrived, and as luck would have it, last night I had a 5 hour window to grab some data. I went for NGC 869, the Double Cluster, it's a nice overhead target at the moment, and gave me a good chance to test the scope. The seeing wasn't great last night, but I'm impressed with the star shape, colour and the ability to resolve tightly packed stars.I managed to get an hour each of RGB data, processed in Pixinsight. I improved the star colour by applying Repaired HSV Separation after combining the images, followed by stretching using a combination of ArcsinhStretch and MaskedStretch. Starnet++ allowed me to remove a few artifacts from the background, left by bright stars, and to improve the brightness and star colour. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.