Welcome to Backyard Astronomy Space - please register to gain access to all of our features. Click here for more details. ×
SmallWorldsForum Microscopy and macro photography - a companion forum to BYA ×

my first project!

3staraligned

hi all, So I've started the design on my first design for my 3dprinter. I wanted to create a tray to hold my pocket powerbox advance that I could also mount to a vixen dovetail so it would site more firmly and it would be easier to change things up.

I added 2 slots on either side to allow it to hold an elastic vector band.

Screenshot 2021-02-08 at 21.10.33.png

Screenshot 2021-02-08 at 21.22.45.png

Looks very good 👍  Welcome to the world of 3D printing.  There'll be no holding you back now. 🤣

I hope so. I'm reasonably proficient as a modeller in Maya.. but this fusion  / design spark stuff is getting on my nerves... they don't work the same as Maya or 3dsmax... What is it you use gina?

I have a 12 year old copy of AutoDesk Inventor Professional which I find very good though it does have a few idiosyncrasies  and the odd bug.

• 1 month later...

that looks really neat, you need to get some black plastic, probably match the rest of your equipment, what printer did you use, I am interested in this stuff as i used to run a 3D Printing centre ( metal and all ) at an aerospace company. Sadly all that resource has gone now i have retired .... but still interested in the topic.  nice to see those creative juices flowing

Gary ( Lead Design Engineer, Retired).

Edited by gpowers