Welcome to Backyard Astronomy Space - please register to gain access to all of our features. Click here for more details. ×
SmallWorldsForum Microscopy and macro photography - a companion forum to BYA ×

2Nite?

Nightspore

H8MOtTL.jpg

Looking good, maybe?

sDbWA2k.jpg

Maybe not ...

fpdtSWD.png

Moon's at transit about 21:48 GMT. Schroter's Valley should be nicely near the terminator. Not sure what the seeing will be like. Unlikely Jupiter will be sharp with the jet-stream. The big 'J' is never easy even in good seeing. Ganymede transit 23:59 - 01:20 (local time). 

AydKlTQ.jpg

Maybe time for supernatural help?

Maybe time to unleash the beast ... (aka the 127mm Mak)

IPUMKTq.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Butterfly Maiden said:

Nothing better than a bit of deity intervention @Nightspore but did she work her magic for you? 😉

Hekate never lets me down lol. The session was more fruitful than I thought it would be. The jet stream was a problem, but not half as much as I thought it would be. The seeing was below average, the Moon didn't help of course. So basically I concentrated on Saturn, Jupiter and the Moon. Inevitably I'll do a write-up. Watch this space!

• Like 1