Welcome to Backyard Astronomy Space - please register to gain access to all of our features. Click here for more details. ×
SmallWorldsForum Microscopy and macro photography - a companion forum to BYA ×

Santa ZWO/WO

Kevin17

Posted (edited)

Santa ZWO and Santa WO Visited today,

They dropped off a William Optics 50mm guide scope for me to upgrade form my 32mm and a ZWO 071Pro Cooled to add to my ZWO585MC non-cooled and a ZWO IR/UV filter.

I have fitted the new guide scope and cut IR/UV filter is installed inside the flattener reducer, but yet to tackle fitting the 071. I have done the power cable and got the spacers on and adjusted the flattener reducer so i am good to go on that front. I need a clear hour to focus and do a new darks library for my guide scope and get that set up on the Air app, once i have had a night imaging with my new guide scope to bed it in i will be swapping out my camera to give the new one a whirl! 🙂

Kit.jpg

Edited by Kevin17
  • Like 2

I have the 50mm WO guide scope atop my ZS103. It’s a good one. Congratulations on your purchases.

• Like 1

i was surprised how much bigger than the 32mm it is, i have my fingers crossed that it'll fix the sometime rubbish guiding seeing i was getting...

i found out that swapping the guide cam to Bin2 helps too...

Try increasing the guide cam exposure to 2 or 2.5 seconds. Not sure what the default values are for the ASIAir but if around 1 second you end up chasing the seeing. I have mine set to 2.5 on all my scopes. Even my 32mm WO guidescope on the Redcat is set at 2.5. 

Also aim for decent focus on the guide scope. It doesn’t have to be spot on though as the guiding algorithms are not looking for perfect pin sharp stars.

Nice kit Kev, but Santa must have been running late where you are 😂

Haha yeh it’s actually an early 40th present 🎁 … BirthdayZwo/Wo

@TerryMcK i think with the AIR, it’s whole seconds, I have mine at 3, seems to work well. Also with you on the focus.

i will be making a few notes now well/not well it works when I get to try it. Cloudy in Lincolnshire at the moment 😞