Welcome to Backyard Astronomy Space - please register to gain access to all of our features. Click here for more details. ×
SmallWorldsForum Microscopy and macro photography - a companion forum to BYA ×

I'm Penniless Now :-)

Jkulin

Scopes: -    ¦ Altair Astro (GSO) 10" RC Truss F7.9 ¦  SW Esprit 100ED ¦ SW Esprit 80ED ¦ Altair 70EDF Triplet ¦ 10" Custom Carbon Newt ¦ All with Pegaus motorised focusers and Pegasus UPB's ¦
Mount's: -  ¦ iOptron 120EC ¦ iOptron 40EC ¦ Skywatcher Star Adventurer (Hypertuned) ¦ Pulsar MKIII Motorised Dome
Camera's: - ¦ Moravian G2-8300 MKII Mono ¦ Sony A7RIII ¦ Ultrastar and Lodestar x2 Guide Camera's ¦  Altair 178MC ¦ QHY Polemaster ¦ iOptron iPolar ¦ Altair Astro All Sky Housing/RPi controlled Camera
Accs. : -       ¦ Chroma LRGB & NB 3nm Filters ¦ Moravian EFW MkII ¦ Celestron OAG ¦  QHY OAG M ¦ + the Obligatory something for every event/incident that you could imagine! ?

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

I know the feeling. Calculated I have spent just shy of 13k since march and the beginning of Lockdown. But shhh don't tell the missus what I did with this year's holiday money....

• Like 1

Posted by: @FuzzySB

I know the feeling. Calculated I have spent just shy of 13k since march and the beginning of Lockdown. But shhh don't tell the missus what I did with this year's holiday money....

But that is what the holiday money is for, you couldn''t go away this year so it makes perfect sense :-)

• Like 1

If I unexpectedly shuffle off I sincerely hope that my wife doesn't sell my gear for a what I told her I paid for it or someone is going to get one hell of a bargain!!! ;-) 

• Like 2

Posted by: @skipper-billy

If I unexpectedly shuffle off I sincerely hope that my wife doesn't sell my gear for a what I told her I paid for it or someone is going to get one hell of a bargain!!! ;-) 

Don't worry David, I will personally come up and value it for you and you know what I will dissemble it as well free of charge! ? ? ? 

It sure is an expensive hobby and your secret is safe with us and the rest of the internet. But not as much as motor racing. A friend of mine has a few single seater race cars and it costs an arm and a leg everytime they take a car out.

• Like 1

@Superlunarchick Thanks Vicki, its been a long time coming and getting it right, but hopefully now it is going to prove its worth during the long nights.

@TerryMcK I used to race motorbikes and crashed about 5 times a year and that didn't even come close to Astronomy, mind you I was totally rubbish at racing, probably if I had spent more I would have been better ? 

Posted by: @skipper-billy

If I unexpectedly shuffle off I sincerely hope that my wife doesn't sell my gear for a what I told her I paid for it or someone is going to get one hell of a bargain!!!  

Lol.  I have typed out a "brochure" of my kit and what it is worth and put it with my Will, so if I peg out, my children (who I have left the kit to), will know what it is , what it is worth and how they can sell it.  I'd hate it all to be disposed of because they didn't know.

Which reminds me I need to update it.

Carole 

• Like 1

@Carastro got to admit to doing the same thing with pictures of each thing too  - and labelling it all because they wouldn’t know what everything is apart from the obvious scopes etc! 

it’s a brilliant hobby! 

• Like 1

My you ladies are organised!

I'd rather like to think one of my Grand Kids would enjoy its use, after all telescopes don't exactly wear out.

• Like 2

Posted by: @Jkulin

I'd rather like to think one of my Grand Kids would enjoy its use, after all telescopes don't exactly wear out.

Well yes that would be preferable, but no guarantee they would be interested.  

Carole 

Posted by: @Carastro
Posted by: @Jkulin

Well yes that would be preferable, but no guarantee they would be interested.  

Carole 

Somehow my eldest Grandchild Eva is taking a great deal of interest in the stars, this was taken 2 1/2 years ago, with my dog Skye watching on, one of my favourite photos of her looking up

887661593_MeandEva.thumb.jpg.bde412a73068330d3db451c49bf06733.jpg

? ❤️ 

• Like 1

Posted by: @Carastro

Lol.  I have typed out a "brochure" of my kit and what it is worth and put it with my Will, so if I peg out, my children (who I have left the kit to), will know what it is , what it is worth and how they can sell it.  I'd hate it all to be disposed of because they didn't know.

That's a very good idea - I should do that just in case the grim reaper finds me but also for insurance purposes - along with all my model aircraft gear and my classic car etc etc !!!

• Like 1