Welcome to Backyard Astronomy Space - please register to gain access to all of our features. Click here for more details. ×
SmallWorldsForum Microscopy and macro photography - a companion forum to BYA ×

New Diagonal

Scopeman

I had a Tak 1.25 diagonal but can't remember now if it was a prism or not. Didn't like the plastic body, couldn't unscrew the barrel and it wasn't threaded for filters either.

2 minutes ago, Scopeman said:

I had a Tak 1.25 diagonal but can't remember now if it was a prism or not. Didn't like the plastic body, couldn't unscrew the barrel and it wasn't threaded for filters either.

taYVG9S.jpg

The main body is metal now but the base plate is resin.

jeIRnvv.jpg

I like its light weight, it works really well with smooth barrels and light EP's.

z6063np.jpg

My vintage CZJ's.

IDK. Filters? A single polariser is always useful, especially with Jupiter at the moment. 

6IOIOM5.jpg

These are my Mars filters lol.

Wherever TV was sourcing lanthanum glass from stopped selling it or put up the price, depending on who you believe. The DeLites are better anyway IMO. 

Do you have any DeLites? Best part of £300 is a bit heavy isn't it?

Edited by Scopeman

These were cheaper when I bought them. I got the 18.2mm when the DeLites were first released, there weren't so many in the range then. I bought the others later. I'm pretty sure all of them were under 250 quid when I purchased them. I don't think I paid £200 for the 18.2mm.

Z3un8YR.jpg

I had to return two 7mm consecutively because of visible debris. I'm going back a few years. I never replaced it with a DeLite.

HsVxDw2.jpg

Maybe not quite the same, but a fraction of the price and no debris.