Welcome to Backyard Astronomy Space - please register to gain access to all of our features. Click here for more details. ×
SmallWorldsForum Microscopy and macro photography - a companion forum to BYA ×

It has been a while but I need not admit defeat. Ideas on how to work around LED lighting from a neighbours illluminations!

Cumbrianwolf

My problem with SVbony and other manufacturers such as Rising Cam etc is the probable lack of support in UK.

Whereas Altair, ZWO, QHY, SkyWatcher, William Optics, IOptron, Celestron, etc all have established UK distributors and therefore UK enforceable warranties. If you buy expensive gear like a camera or telescope and something goes wrong then you have little to no comeback to get it fixed.

SVbony et al seem to make decent hardware, indeed I own some, but there is a major difference between nuts, bolts and metal components to electronics or optics.

Buyer beware.

• Like 2

I do completely agree, particularly as their initial 533m had banding issues, however sadly a tec 533m for £500 is very difficult to ignore and they are saying they have fixed their banding issue with this improved design. But yep not as ideal as I'd like either.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Demon said:

I actually got a cheap ha 7nm off them direct recently and their o3 7nm is excellent (that's said I have little basis for comparison) but good impression so far, definitely more reading. Would love a 26m no chance of that and other tec cooled 533m are around double...I've seen reviews where they had banding from their website before but see if they've fixed it. Very tempting...

13 hours ago, TerryMcK said:

My problem with SVbony and other manufacturers such as Rising Cam etc is the probable lack of support in UK.

Whereas Altair, ZWO, QHY, SkyWatcher, William Optics, IOptron, Celestron, etc all have established UK distributors and therefore UK enforceable warranties. If you buy expensive gear like a camera or telescope and something goes wrong then you have little to no comeback to get it fixed.

SVbony et al seem to make decent hardware, indeed I own some, but there is a major difference between nuts, bolts and metal components to electronics or optics.

Buyer beware.

The lack of support and warranty issues as well as software design leads me to pay the extra and go with a well known manufacturer for those very reasons you both mentioned, sometimes it looks too good to be true.

Edited by Cumbrianwolf
  • Like 2

I’ve just seen that SVBony only offer 2 months warranty when bought through Amazon. 

IMG_2895.jpeg.9e9c35f7af6bb36e2529815548d62fce.jpeg

I also love the great spellings below

IMG_2896.jpeg.ae966670109e1e26b4fac6c100ff1735.jpeg

• Like 2