Welcome to Backyard Astronomy Space - please register to gain access to all of our features. Click here for more details. ×
SmallWorldsForum Microscopy and macro photography - a companion forum to BYA ×

New Lunar/Planetary Eyepieces

Scopeman

Admittedly It is a bit long compared to short Barlows. It's not too bad with the 19mm Panoptic in the 60mm Altair. Especially as it is basically a medium power (38x). Another factor is that the length helps with placement for viewing. If I'm not too near the tripod there's less chance of accidentally nudging it.

cc5Jwx3l.jpg

The 6mm SvBony is light enough to be pretty steady at 120x.

Pretty decent TBH. I don't know who actually manufacture them. They seem to be a distributor who has rebadged, bespoke, and 'off the shelf equipment' from fairly high-end Chinese factories. They're purportedly based in Hong Kong. They have a store at Amazon.

1 hour ago, Scopeman said:

Like a periscope, lol

I thought periscopes could magnify. There is a rumour that Nagler studied declassified plans of periscopes from U Boats. Apparently they had wide angle, zoom and filtering capabilities. 

He may have been privy to classified documents as well. Apparently he worked on the development of very fast optics for the cameras in military reconnaissance aircraft. Very possibly RF101's used during the Cuban Missile Crisis.

rf101.jpg.5adb08f7d91f70ceceb44f26aa9f63e9.jpg

Although I don't think the Pentagon will let him talk about the details lol.

My ES 3x focal extender from Amazon was supposed to take 10-12 days, second day since ordering it and it is being delivered today at some point. Happy days.

Edited by Scopeman

When you place the order do you mean? I think it depends on where the item comes from tbh. It is on the delivery screen now so it is defo coming today.